Trees offer beauty and shade to your yard. They are an integral part of any landscape which is why it is important to take care of your trees. One step any homeowner can take to help their trees stay healthy and to grow their best is to have a trusted tree service in their area come to prune them regularly. Although the best time of year to prune your trees is late winter/early spring while the trees are still dormant and the removal of limbs will encourage healthy growth once the trees begin to bloom again, they can be pruned at any time of year to remove damaged or dead limbs.
Pruning in the early spring also allows you to get a better look at the tree’s structure before the canopy is full of leaves once again. But do you need to prune your trees?
Why Do You Need To Prune Trees?
There are a number of reasons to prune a tree. Not only can it help with the aesthetics of the tree it can also boost its health and help it reach its full potential.
- To Remove Dead or Diseased Limbs – Removing dead limbs from your tree makes space for new healthy limbs and branches to grow, keeps them from rubbing against healthy areas of the tree causing further damage, and from unexpectedly falling on your house or potentially injuring someone.
- Opens Up The Canopy – Pruning back certain limbs can create better airflow in the canopy and let more light in to help promote better and more healthy growth of the foliage of the tree.
- Determine The Leader of The Tree – At the ground level of the tree suckers and water sprouts can steal nutrients and water from the main trunk of the tree. Eliminating these can help to strengthen the tree so that it will grow better and be able to withstand strong winds and storms.
- Safety on Your Property – Dead limbs will eventually fall out of your tree. It could take a wind storm or ice build-up but ultimately gravity will eventually do its job and bring those troublesome limbs down. The last thing you want is for them to fall on your house, car, or one of your loved ones. Having an arborist come to prune these dead limbs will ensure they are taken down correctly and safely.
- Better Looking Trees – Pruning allows trees to be shaped which can enhance the landscaping of your property. By removing unwanted limbs you can help control the shape of your tree and help it to grow straight and tall. A healthy tree is also lovelier to look at, a real thing of beauty.
Contact Your Local Arborist For Professional Pruning Services
When you’re looking for a tree service near you to handle pruning whether it be to thin out your tree for aesthetic purposes or to remove dead or diseased limbs to take care of the health of your tree and to prevent an accident from occurring contact the tree experts at Sequoia TreeScape. We offer free estimates on all work to be completed and can come up with a pruning plan that will not only make your tree look better but will take into account the best way to take care of the health of the tree. And if you need tree removal in Newmarket, Aurora, Markham, or anywhere in York Region don’t hesitate to contact us at Sequoia TreeScape. We are the most trusted arborist near you, only one call away at (416) 770-8733.
Until Next Time,
Matt Gladwin – Owner
Check out what Ara had to say about us:
“Craig and his Team was extremely professional and efficient. Few days a ago we had few tress for Trimming and pruning in our backyard and the job was Wow! absolutely thrilled with our beautiful clean backyard. Highly recommended to everyone!”
And see more of our 93+ reviews on Google.